Chronicle - Sound - Shhh, Bang, Pop, Boom - Hardcover
An award-winning visual tour of the world of sound.
Intriguing, informative, and endlessly fascinating, a book that makes visible that which we otherwise only hear and feel as vibrations: SOUND.
Award-winning authors and artists Romana Romanyshyn and Andriy Lesiv achieve a remarkable fusion of the scientific exploration of the phenomenon of sound with a philosophic reflection on its nature that will appeal to inquisitive children looking to learn more about science and nature. A stunning sequence of rich infographics provoke the reader to listen . . . learn . . . and think. Whether it's hearing noise, music, speech . . . or silence, no one will come away from these pages without experiencing sound with new ears and a fresh understanding.
• Stunning visual sophistication and compelling infographics will appeal to adults as well as children.
• A perfect book for educators to share with children interested in STEM topics
• A fascinating overlooked topic that will help children explore complex ideas about science and the natural world
• Science books for kids ages 8–12
• Biology books for kids
• Human physiology books for kids
The accessible, kid-friendly visuals throughout Sound help children to connect with STEM topics and learn surprising and interesting facts about one of our most important senses.
- 8-12 years
- 64 Pages