Random House - Brave New Meal - Bad Manners
Fresh as f*ck food for every table.
The New York Times bestselling authors of the Bad Manners cookbook series are back with a message for you (yeah, you): Eating less meat, saving the planet, and cooking at home don’t have to be so f*cking boring—or expensive.
If it feels like everything’s so f*cked that you just wanna lay down and let the earth reclaim your body, we understand. A global pandemic forced all of us back into the kitchen but our fridges were full of by-products and fake flavors. It seems like half the ingredients and produce we buy goes in the trash while people starve, the planet burns and also somehow floods. And our culinary chaos is partly to blame. This sh*t isn't sustainable.
Enter Brave New Meal: a chance for food to be not just different but better. Because here’s the dirty little secret about eating vegan (or plant-based, meatless, flexitarian, whatever the hell they’re calling it this week): done right, it’s the cheapest, healthiest, most environmentally friendly, and tastiest (did we stutter?) food you could possibly put into that temple you call a body. Brave New Meal shows you the way:
• 100+ life-changing vegan recipes including Orange Peel Cauliflower, Beeteroni Pizza, Nashville Hot Shroom Sammie, Jackfruit Pupusas, and Plum-Side-Down Cake
• Killer photos so you’ll know for sure you didn’t f*ck it up
• Tips on how to stretch your budget, limit food waste, and incorporate every edible piece of the plant into your meals (or finally find a use for that wilted kale in your fridge)
• Shortcuts and substitutions for when the grocery store is sold out or you need help getting dinner on the goddamn table already
• A produce glossary that breaks down everything you probably never knew (but most def should) about all the fresh stuff in your market